photo by Josh Strong
Life & Love in the time of Covid 19
A poety contest for North Dakota High School Students
The author of the winning poem will receive a $150 prize, and the poem will be set to music by Minot Chamber Chorale Artistic Director, Dr. Emerson Eads, and premiered in the Minot Chamber Chorale’s Fall 2020 concert.
- Poems may be of any style or genre and respond to the theme “Life & Love in the Time of Covid-19.”
- Poems must be no longer than 130 words.
- Information to be submitted with the poem:
- Author’s first and last names
- Current phone number
- Current grade in school
- Name of North Dakota high school where currently enrolled
- Profile picture
- Entries must be submitted via e-mail by midnight on June 1, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winning poet will receive a $150 prize.
- Winning poem will be set to music by Dr. Emerson Eads and premiered in Minot Chamber Chorale Fall 2020 concert.
- winning poems will be featured on the Minot Chamber Chorale website https://minotchamberchorale.org/
- Winner will be announced June 15, 2020.
- Poets agree to release all publishing and recording rights to the Minot Chamber Chorale.
- The winning poet will be invited to attend the premiere of the poem’s musical setting at the fall 2020 concert.
We look forward to sharing the winning poem with the community in a moving, musical format!